SVP, Finance Solutions Sr. Lead Analyst - Wholesale Banking Book RWA Analytics
Posted on: January 17, 2023
SVP, Finance Solutions Sr. Lead Analyst - Wholesale Banking Book
Long Island City New York United States -At Citigroup, the Capital
Controllers group plays a central role in business, investments,
risk and appropriate returns for shareholders. It is directly
responsible for the efficient and prudent management of the
corporation's as well as its subsidiaries' capital across the
enterprise globally.This role is in the Capital Monitoring and
Change (CMC) horizontal that supports the verticals of Capital
Planning. - The CMC team is responsible for ensuring and exploring
Process & Data correctness, envision & build Efficiencies in
Reporting, Monitoring and Consolidation of Risk Weighted Assets
(RWA) and Capital ratios required for capital management metrics
and Regulatory Reporting for multiple legal entities.The Finance
Solutions Lead Analyst is a strategic professional having a
business critical and regulatory driven role in this position.
Therefore we are looking for a SVP who will have responsibility for
planning, developing and executing upon high profile Capital
Controllers initiatives that are part of the Citi's transformation
journey and agenda to build a better bank, and/or, our regulatory
mandated Capital Planning, regulatory and remediation initiatives
and programs (including in support of Consent Orders, Management
Remediation Actions, Regulatory Programs & Responses). Role
involves execution of remediation and transformation initiatives to
meet Citi's commitments established in the OCC and FRB Consent
Orders relating to Spot RWA, as well the remediation required for
the FRB MRIAs on Spot RWA. - It will ensure the timely execution of
the projects and related action plans. The work involves both
strategic "build the bank" projects over next three to four years
in RWA, Basel and CCAR domains as well as "run the bank" efforts as
committed by the firm to the regulators. Role will provide exposure
to senior management, regulatory agencies as well as partners
extensively with colleagues across Treasury, Other Finance
Partners, IT, Lines of Business, Risk Management, RWA Operations
production teams, and data governance teams.The SVP manages all
aspects of multiple projects at the same time including end to end
planning across Capital Controllers framework, identifying and
structuring the problem being remediated, analysis and synthesis of
its root causes, creation of new options/solutions, organizing the
programs and prioritizing, executing and obtaining necessary
buy-ins. The body of work involves significant interaction with
senior management as also managing multiple stakeholders and
resources indirectly. - Also contributes to overall design,
roll-out and in formulating/setting direction for newer processes
and business architecture transformations including for the
strategic and regulatory funded projects on RWA. Required expertise
includes Capital Controllers methodologies, controls, stress
testing, capital measures and regulatory requirements, data and
infrastructure issues, and technology solutions set. Manages
multiple initiatives locally and internationally as engaged in the
strategic or regulatory programs. Acts as a lead RWA SME or key
driving agent for positive change on multiple projects and
initiatives at the same time. -Responsibilities of the role are
(but not limited to):
- Drives regulatory deliverables and remediation efforts to
systemically automate and/or into production across the Capital
Continuum with specific focus on RWA. Acts as the business lead on
the regulatory projects with responsibility for all the phases of
SDLC, from requirement gathering, business analysis, design of
solutions/operating models to overseeing the Technology partners
doing development, UAT teams as required, and to finally go live in
- Works on efforts that span Regulatory Capital, RWA Credit Risk
and related regulatory requirements ( Basel II.5, Basel III, Basel
IV) in a large systemically important bank setting and as related
to its highly complex global infrastructure.
- Provides subject matter expertise to support RWA calculations
using Basel rules for wholesale Banking Book including Available
For Sale (AFS), Contingent, Fails, Purchased Receivables, Retail,
Unused Committed, Off and on balance sheet, default - etc. exposure
- Performs in-depth review and investigations on RWA problems,
computation issues, variances and systemic root causes to improve
major processes and systems continually.
- Research the business problem, related issues and then develop
and socialize solutions and improvements with all the relevant
partners and seniors (including all key requirements and
- Understand the current state, design and create the lead
business view of the new target states and operating models
(people, process, systems) for the most critical Capital
- Drives process, control and technology improvements for Capital
Controllers processes, with the goal of reducing manual processes
and improving the control environment.
- Participates in formulating and setting direction for process
and business areas or systems being improved and changed for a
- Accountable for credible evaluation of methodologies, results,
governance and processes and contributes to future strategy of the
overall approach accepting and conducting review and
- Uses business proof of concepts (e.g. utilizing excel,
diagrams, etc.) to analyze and identify deficiencies and to design
enhancements and proposals.
- Presents outcome of proof of concepts, in partnership with
others, to senior leaders to get sponsorship for solutions.
- Acts as an end to end expert on individually owned initiatives
and work streams. Is a fast learner on new initiatives and projects
by reaching out and gathering all the facts.
- Partners in investment / budget estimation for new solutions.
Create business case for chosen solutions and present to senior
leadership to request budget. Finalizes business requirements for
chosen solutions for IT development.
- Plans and executes upon the agreed upon tactical as well as
strategic road map of each initiative to drive improvements,
innovations and transformations.
- Owns and drives new solutions, designs and build (the manual
and automated portions) with partners, for the ultimate development
of new capabilities and the aggregation, reporting and
visualization of the results.
- Conducts oversight as to any errors, manual interventions and
tests on data quality, data tracing, manual adjustments and entries
for logic and reasonableness.
- Develops, resolves and closely monitors execution of
regulatory, audit, Cobra or self-identified remediation
- Emphasize improvements, with a business lens, that ultimately
help solve big problems, streamline global processes, reuse
existing infrastructure, improve timeliness, automate information
flows, leverage latest technologies, eliminate large redundant
steps, reconciliations and multiple manual touch points.
- Surface any new Capital Controllers or digital innovation
opportunities identified in the businesses and functions during the
course of analysis and research of the current processes.
- Maintains written documentation of projects for senior
management communications and/or in case of an audit
- Continuously improves own expertise of the Capital Controllers
domain to be a trusted advisor in the area.
- Participates in assessing and incorporating changing business,
regulatory and market information needs into finance processes and
- Contributes to the design, roll-out and governance of financial
solutions and processes, and participates in formulating and
setting strategic direction for them across Citi functions and
- If one is looking for a role that has constant variety in terms
of risk stripes and asset classes learned, or the number of
domains, complex specialties and/or 'big bank' financial regulatory
projects or changes handled, and where the next challenge is
nothing like the one that you just finished, then this is the job
- Role provides a unique vantage point to gain a firm-wide
perspective across all businesses (ICG, CCB and Consumer),
scenarios and methodologies (e.g. Standard, Advanced, COVID-19) and
risks (credit, market, liquidity and strategic).
- Candidate will lead an agenda for change, transformation and
complex re-engineering across multiple areas as opposed to routine
or business as usual in one area. Consequently, each field, subject
matter area or problem will manifest an ever changing variety of
interesting efforts and challenges to work upon and learn
- Unique opportunity to gain a broad understanding of many key
facets of capital planning, bank financials and exposures,
including "how it gets done" within a large globally systemic
- Opportunity to build partnerships with colleagues across Lines
of Businesses, Finance, Technology, Operations; and other main line
functions such as Risk Management and IA.Qualifications:
- BS/BA in Business, Finance, Computer Science/Information
Systems, Engineering or related field. Master's Degree in related
areas/MBA or CPA/CFA is a plus.
- 10+ years' experience of working in Financial Services in
Regulatory Capital, RWA, Credit Risk and related (Basel III, Basel
III reforms, referred to as Basel IV), preferably in a large
systemically important bank and/or a top tier consulting company,
primary regulator and/or agencies.
- In depth knowledge of banking products / systems highly
preferred. Knowledge of Capital Planning, Capital Adequacy, Banking
Regulations, Financials or Risk Management from a global bank
perspective (e.g. Basel etc.) or otherwise a recognized subject
matter expert in a related complex area/field.
- Work experience in Basel teams and have knowledge of Basel III,
Basel III reforms (sometimes referred to as Basel IV), especially
RWA, SLE covering wholesale Banking Book exposure types
- Relevant industry certifications are a plus e.g. PMP (PMI), PRM
(PRMIA), FRM (GARP), Scrum, etc.
- Understanding of large bank/global company intricacies, and
multi-dimensional processes and systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel &
PowerPoint in particular).Competencies:
- Problem-solver mindset, with strong analytical background and
ability to comprehend complexities, systems and processes.
- Can think "outside the box" and from "first principles" in
clarifying/resolving complex and abstract enterprise level
- Strong business analysis competency to shape solutions with
clear thinking and ability to breakdown abstract problem.
- Exceptional communication and strategic thinking skills to
influence and negotiate, often at a senior level. -
- Demonstrated leadership acumen; inspires enthusiasm to excel
and continuous improvements.
- Takes ownership, plans thoroughly, anticipates risk, has the
big picture as well as all the minutiae needed to contribute a
- Self-motivated; is able to execute and drive results, including
in the absence of detailed instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills; reliable and
collaborative/enjoyable to work with; both independently as well as
a team member.
- Strong attention to detail, willingness to "roll up sleeves";
takes pride in producing polished, high quality and accurate work;
has a positive can-do attitude to finish based on a foundation of
consistent dependable work ethic.
- Proven ability to lead/deep-dive into various areas across
LOBs/Functions, adaptable in his/her role.
- Able to drive consensus and develop strong working
relationships with key stakeholders to achieve assigned goals.
- Presents regulatory, financial or technical intricacies in
language and context that is easily understood by audience.
- Aspires to continually expand knowledge and drive meaningful
- Organizational savviness with ability to expand network across
functions and levels of
Family:Fin Solutions Dsgn &
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .View the
"EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.View
the EEO Policy Statement.View the Pay Transparency
Posting-----------------------------Effective November 1, 2021,
Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located
in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such
vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Irvington , SVP, Finance Solutions Sr. Lead Analyst - Wholesale Banking Book RWA Analytics, Accounting, Auditing , Irvington, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!